The few inches of snow fell on the region of Montreal yesterday earned me a ride to remember. I had the chance to explore the trails of Mount Royal in ideal conditions just packed snow and drawn by the maintenance crew who had not yet finished his round when I got there.
is a privilege because these trails then never stay long in perfect condition. First because they are frequented by industrial quantities of skiers. Then because hikers, snowshoers, dogs and other intruders do not hesitate to trample. Even today, skiing not far behind the vehicle maintenance, I ran into several sections vandalized ... and a funny guy who was walking with her dog in her arms in the middle of a trail. Will revert to respect.
However, when conditions are good, we did a very good skiing on Mount Royal. As it is a mountain, there are good climbs and descents enjoyable. In the snow like today, it's nice to ski there.
I walked all the trails in the park today and I especially had fun in my two favorites: the loop 2, which passes near the cross on Mount Royal, and the loop 4, which s' extends under the Camillien-Houde. These are the two most rugged trails.
As a starting point, I prefer the Smith House at Beaver Lake Pavilion. I tried both today, just to compare. At the Smith house, there is a real little cafe with an espresso machine. Much more engaging than the snack flag that I found rather sinister.
Another possibility is free parking on Park Avenue, near the monument Georges-Étienne Cartier, to ski to the top of the mountain and stop at the Smith House for lunch. That's what I'll do on my next visit!
0 comments:
Post a Comment