Today I saw the winter in all its splendor.
In Coaticook, it is the border between the Eastern Townships. That corner has its own weather system. There are storms that go through there and avoid the rest of Quebec. There are episodes of rain and thawing that occur only in this region. And this year, winter took a head start in that corner.
To enjoy it, I did an hour's drive today to go in Coaticook. And I did not regretted because I found there a trail system exactly like me.
As the interview is done with a marker light, the tracks do not really look like a site of Olympic competition. But what a pleasure to walk in there when conditions are good as it was today.
climbs, we sometimes lack of space to climb comfortably duck. And the steepest descents, you can ski "on the defensive" because it has outgrown to the plow and we do not really know what awaits us after the next turn. Especially since those tracks are not one-sided and we do not know when it might drop on an oncoming skier.
But these are minor inconveniences. I hiked 18 km absolutely memorable - my best season so far. And I feel like I'm having trouble beating it by the end of winter.
To ski here, visitors a day should start by stopping to buy a ticket to two businesses in downtown Coaticook or Home Park Gorge Coaticook.
0 comments:
Post a Comment