Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tm Desert Eagle Ship To Canada

Park Île-de-la-Visitation

Of all the nature parks in Montreal, that of Ile-de-la-Visitation is by far the fewest to offer skiers. The park is simply too small to have a trail system worthy of the name.

I knew all this before I make today. And I also knew that after the rain we had a few days ago, the conditions are, at best, atrocious. But I went anyway because I promised myself a long time to return to take some pictures and make a text worthy of the name.

The park offers three trails totaling about eight miles. The most interesting is that which brings us to the island of the Visitation where you can admire the Prairie River. And we go près de cette belle croix de bois qui a sûrement une histoire – même si je n’ai pas vu de panneau d’interprétation à proximité.


Il y a aussi un curieux sentier qui longe la rive de l’île de Montréal sur une bande de terre si étroite qu’on a l’impression de skier sur la rue ou dans la cour des résidents riverains. On peut aussi y admirer le barrage qu’il y a sur la rivière des Prairies.

C’est à peu près tout ce que j’ai de positif à dire sur les pistes du parc. En plus d’être courts et plats, celles-ci ont un autre défaut: ils longent des sentiers de marche – then you can ski in the middle of the marchers, that what have always hated.

The chalet park is a beautiful small building in which there are many tables, but no food service. And as a waxing room, there a. .. a ski rack installed outside!

By cons, there is a small bistro in the basement of the miller's house where I stayed for a pleasant sipping coffee. By far the best moment of my trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment