I have very clear memories of the Olympic Games in Lake Placid in 1980. The victory of the American hockey team against the then USSR against Finland in the final. The five gold medals American speed skater Eric Heiden. The silver medal of GaƩtan Boucher in the same discipline.
For cons, I have no memory of skiing competition held on the trails of Mount Van Hovenberg I traveled today ... to realize that they were truly "Olympic".
There is a skier English that often leaves comments on my blog which tracks hate that look like they are so broad boulevards. I do not want him to go skiing at Mount Van Hovenberg because all the paths of the former site of Olympic competition are in this genre.
course, there are some easy trails marked on the flat near the chalet host. But when one moves through the forest, all trails are in the same genre: a roller coaster where one is always now bind short descents and climbs that always seem longer. Given the width of the tracks, descents are hardly exciting. So we do not feel so rewarded for our efforts.
The cottage home center is a simple wooden building that has absolutely nothing to Olympic. But the place is warm and breathes skiing. Before, there is the stadium is a large open space where we draw several tracks coast and used for departures and arrivals competitions - but I also found the perfect to introduce a child to ski. Here making his son Arthur second career outing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment