Saturday, February 26, 2011

Katie Playground Pool

Lake Placid Club

I read somewhere that the trails of Lake Placid Club have welcomed the cross-country skiing competitions for the 1932 Olympics. That may be why I felt back to that time by browsing.

The Lake Placid Club, the Golf Club Hotel Crown Plaza where I spend the weekend. Arrived about noon at Lake Placid, I decided to go skiing at this place because I had access to trails for free. And I must say that I got for my money ...

I have not made an unpleasant exit because I have skied in the beautiful snow. But the trail "left me hungry - especially because I spent my trip to tell me that there was much better to ski in the corner.

club's network extends over a dozen kilometers. During the first mile, you can ski on the ground golf and so much the better. It's the only time you have the chance to admire the mountains surrounding Lake Placid. We see in particular the ski jumps built for the 1980 Olympics.

Then we enter a thick forest of conifers and the land becomes slightly undulating. Long downhill slope, abrupt breaks ground fun to negotiate, nice gradual climb ... we are dealing with an excellent ground for cross-country skiing. And yet, the magic has not operated for a very simple reason: the state trails. Or rather their style.
Apart
loop near the cottage home, had been groomed trails without one trace of furrows. In fact, I felt more skiing on backcountry trails on the real cross-country ski trails maintained. When I said that I felt to be back in 1932 ...

short, do not tell the story: I had to ski elsewhere. But I should be able to resume tomorrow ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment