Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Constricted Chest And Pain

Peninsula

I made a trip back in time today. First, because I went skiing for the Peninsula Trails Le Gardeur, a place I had not visited since 2004. And also because the center of skiing seems frozen in time.

Especially the cottage home that gives this impression. It is a relic that has certainly not changed for a very long time.

the better because the place is pretty nice and warm. There is a cafeteria and several tables flanked by good old benches. It feels to land in a restaurant rather than in a outdoor center.

The center has another feature: it is one of the few places in Quebec where you can ski with your dog. Two tracks named "Snoopy" are accessible to man's best friend. Today, I have only seen one who was walking with his owner - probably because it was Tuesday. That

ski with or without a dog, do not expect to experience strong emotions. Apart from a small bump in the middle of the network and some very gentle slopes, we ski on flat terrain. Fortunately, the tracks are well maintained, winding and drawn just enough in a beautiful wooded area. You never get bored even if there is not much to see on the trails.

As the paths are plotted in the same piece of forest, very close to each other, they resemble a lot. But they are rather short and it's nice to chain loops through the forest, returning each time at the front office.

I enjoyed my afternoon of ski trails to The Peninsula. It certainly does not do spectacular skiing. But to make a walk in the woods tranquuille is a good choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment