in Sutton-in-High, we do not ski almost never on the flat. Entire network is plotted on a mountainside and there is always going up or down. And it's more enjoyable because the trails are properly configured, properly maintained and just wide enough for one to be comfortable on the track.
Sutton-in-High has almost did not open this winter because the company who were operating was shut doors. But the community quickly organized to save the season. Fortunately because the Sutton area enjoys a cold winter "winter." While the snow was scarce elsewhere in Quebec, this corner of the Eastern Townships Eastern Townships after receiving centimeters centimeters.
I had the opportunity to realize this weekend because I've skied in the snow and under a constant deluge of flakes. The trees were laden with snow and wind would sometimes drop an amount such that I could not see where I went.
If we can make a reproach to Sutton-on-Top is to miss variety. As anyone climb the mountain converge to the shelter and all those who lead down to the foot of the hill, all trails are somewhat the same profile. After some going back, there is a certain monotony sets.
The only track a little different, it's 5 that crosses right through the network trail before forming a loop in gently rolling terrain. This loop then is not to be missed. Even if it is classified easy, there is a very good ski.
Side home, it's pretty rustic. The cottage at the entrance to the trails is cozy but rather cramped. And the toilets are in another building. The refuge in the forest is an old cabin where he yal'essentiel: a good wood stove and a few large tables. His greatest quality is its location. Perched on a ravine, he looks out of a postcard.
All for say I did a great ski weekend in Sutton. I spent the night at the Horizon hotel . It's an old hotel that barely conceals his age. The rooms are "retros" in the sense that they do not offer the level of comfort and aesthetics which is now expected. By cons, there is a nice pool and a bar that was correct lively evening when I was there. And you can put your skis on leaving the hotel and direct access to trails from Sutton-in-High.
0 comments:
Post a Comment